A comparison of languages
- Scala and Kotlin - nice languages, fast performance, bad build tools, depend on JVM
- Go - compiles to a single binary, fast performance, no package management, nice build tools, neutered language, verbose
- Ruby - nice language, nice package management, slow runtime performance
- C# - huge language, lots of bad design decisions that can’t be dropped in the name of backward compatibility, relatively fast performance, bad build tools, depends on CLR
- Haskell - What’s an endofunctor? What’s a monad? Monoid? Lazy by default?
- F# - nice language, fast performance, bad build tools, depends on CLR
I want a language that is pleasant to use, compiles to a single binary, has fast performance, is succinct, and is simple and easy to learn.